Employment Opportunities with Community Soil
JOB DESCRIPTION: PERMACULTURE LANDSCAPE DESIGNER
START DATE: Immediately
We are seeking to find an experienced designer to join our design team for all phases of our projects—client intake, conceptual hand drawings, CAD drafting, 3D modeling, construction details, and potentially project management/construction administration. Together with the Community Soil Team, the Designer will manage multiple projects simultaneously as well as maintain the workflow of the design office.
This is a diversified position. You will learn a lot!
Essential Job Functions: Ecological Landscape Design & Research
⦁ Admin: keep a shared google calendar & tasks lists up-to-date, respond to client requests via email & phone, coordinate with appropriate CS Team members to schedule client appointments & other business meetings
⦁ Business Development: assist in refining a profitable greywater system installation strategy, design packages, client interaction process, client educational materials
⦁ Ecosystems Design for Landscapes at all scales : research any necessary specifics to achieve quality custom designs and applying knowledge of ecology including soil biology and hydrology when assisting in client consultations and design interviews, creating accurate base maps, conceptual plans, and final design maps with supporting materials in a timely manner using Land F/X(CAD) and SketchUp Pro
⦁ Onsite Assessment and/or Installation: collect accurate samples for soil and water tests, install weather data logger and collect data in a timely manner, assist with initial layouts, take photos of projects before, during and after installation
⦁ Tech Support, Website, & Graphic Design: assist in keeping the business website up-to-date and accurate including Client Design Webpages, complete any updates for software, maintain file library and backups, assist in writing, maintaining and publishing monthly newsletter
• Thorough understanding of ecological landscape design process, site analysis, etc.
• Ability to create high-quality conceptual landscape plans/master plans, digital and hand-drawn
• Creativity in use of plant and materials form, color, texture
• Rock-star researcher with high commitment to accuracy of information
• Proficiency in LandFX(CAD), SketchUp, Google Suite, WordPress, Photoshop/Gimp, & Inkscape/Illustrator
• Production of presentation-quality drawings and design documents
• Maintain organization of paper and digital project files
• Systematic approach to timely completion of project deliverables
• Regular use of PC platform and Microsoft Office Communication
• Healthy and effective communication skills
• Ability to receive and give construction criticism in a non-confrontational manner
• Ecological landscape architecture/design with a emphasis on permaculture
• Hands-on landscape maintenance or construction or agriculture in the field
This job requires the ability to:
• Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature
• Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
• Work independently and manage time effectively
• Work is performed mostly in an office environment. (May include extended periods of standing and or sitting).
Salary: commensurate with experience
We look forward to learning more about you!
Apply by Email
Send your resume and a brief description introducing yourself with the subject line ‘ATTN: Designer Application’ to info@community soil.com.
Community Soil, Sonoma County, CA